Why buy new when you can resurface?
Bathroom and kitchen renovations are traditionally messy, expensive and inconvenient.
Spraytek Resurfacing offers a solution. Enjoy a new look and longer life for a fraction of the cost of replacement.
Resurfacing versus complete renovation:
- Up to 75% cheaper than removing and replacing existing tiles
- It’s a quicker job than replacement meaning less down time for your bathroom or kitchen (usually 2-3 days compared to 2-3 weeks)
- No noisy, heavy machinery is required
- Much less mess than replacement
- A wide range of finishes and textures can be chosen
- The work comes with a written guarantee
- You essentially end up with the same new look without the hassle
- Environment-wise there’s less waste that ends up in the landfill
The process is not to be confused with simply painting the tiles. Resurfacing involves specialised preparation of the area, special equipment, primers, bonding agents, top coats and clear finishes. The tiles are thoroughly cleaned in a two-step process to remove dirt, oils, grease, soap residue and fungus. Once the surface is clean chips are filled in and another new coat of grout is added to ensure lines are even.
As well as ceramics, resurfacing can be carried out on laminate, marble and even fibreglass.
- Baths, spas and tubs, including claw foot baths
- Vanity basins
- Benchtops and counter tops
- Tiled floor and wall
- Laundry tubs
You are advised to consider how any tiled surface will be used and how much wear and tear it will receive. Wet areas such as showers and around bathtubs, sinks and vanities can definitely be refinished and sealed. Floors too can be refinished. You may wish to reconsider your options for entrance ways and hallways where abrasive grit tends to be build up as this can damage floors.
My kitchen looks brand new again, the only problem I had was choosing the colour and they even helped with that. Great job all round and saved money on a new kitchen build.– Ann Carter